Later this year, Roots in the Clouds will launch Global Table, a collection of opportunities to connect over food, including our Passport Series, Supper Club, and Group Cooking Classes.
At Roots in the Clouds we've been incredibly fortunate to travel around the world, meeting new people and bonding over shared food-related experiences along the way. Whether at a cooking class in Chaing Mai, lingering over a Michelin-starred meal in Copenhagen, devouring street food in Mumbai, or enjoying comfort food in a warm kitchen on a cold stormy night, some of our most memorable discussions and poignant moments have come from hours spent over meals with family, friends, and quite often strangers. We know from experience that shared experiences over food help us create deeper connections to those around us and have the power to facilitate meaningful cultural exchange. Regardless of our ethnicity, religion, income level, or geography - we all have to eat. We hope you'll join us on this journey of exploring food culture, preserving cultural traditions, and creating a global community of food lovers and storytellers for generations to come.
Global Table - Culinary Passport Series
Roots in the Clouds was founded on the idea that behind every dish is a person with a story, and that sharing these stories has the power to foster a sense of community. Our Culinary Passport Series will partner with local, self-taught immigrant and refugee chefs to empower them to push past financial, educational, and cultural barriers to create new opportunities and a sustainable income.
Classes in the Culinary Passport Series will transport you to the far corners of the globe for an authentic culinary experience without ever setting foot on an airplane. Join us as we explore rich food cultures from various countries and celebrate the chefs' stories. Through our shared revenue model, a significant portion of the proceeds from ticket sales will go directly to the talented chefs leading the classes.
Series passes will be available for purchase individually, or in sets of 2 or 4. Sign up below to be one of the first to find out when this exciting new series launches!
Global Table - Supper Club
At Roots in the Clouds we love hosting dinners. Our Supper Club dinners are more than a typical dinner party - they are based in philanthropy with a portion of the proceeds from the dinner going to support global charities working to combat hunger and food insecurity. Supper Club members get a great meal, while giving back in the process.
We curate globally-themed menus using authentic ingredients and cooking methods. Dinners usually range from $85-$110 per person (including tax and gratuity).
How it works
- Global Table Super Club dinners are announced to members of our mailing list, so to get a seat at the table, you have to get on the list!
- Menu and supper club location are announced when tickets go on sale.
- Reservations can only be made online; limit 4 seats per person. One seat must be purchased for each person in every reservation.
- If you’d like to book more than 4 seats or the whole table for a private event, please contact us here.
- All sales are final and payment must be made in advance via the link provided in the announcement.
- Tax and gratuity per person are included in each ticket price.
- If there are any cancellations or open seats, we’ll post on our social media accounts or announce via email.
- Please note that because of the small size of the Global Table Supper Club dinners, there are no menu substitutions or course changes.
Contact us for information about hosting a pop-up dinner or other private event and sign up below to get a seat at the table!
Group Cooking Classes
Looking for an activity for your next girls' night or community get together? Why not host a group cooking class? Unlike most cooking classes, Roots in the Clouds focuses on more than just the food. In addition to teaching small groups to prepare authentic cuisine from around the world, we focus on other aspects of the culinary experience, including time management in the kitchen, creating eye-catching tablescapes, and menu planning for dinner parties. It is our hope that the simple tools, tips, and hacks we provide will allow you to confidently re-create what you learned in class.
Select from our list of available menus and we will come to you, fresh ingredients in hand. All classes include four courses: starter / salad / main / dessert, and are demo style with volunteers assisting in various elements of the preparation. Signature cocktails and/or wine pairings may be included upon request at an additional cost.
Classes range from $60-$85/per person and require a minimum of 4 participants up to 8 maximum to ensure everyone has the opportunity to participate.
How it works
- We provide the ingredients, you provide the kitchen, cookware, and tableware.
- Select from the available menus to pick the theme of the evening.
- 30 minute skype or face time consultation to discuss the menu, cookware and any specific elements to be included in the class.
- We'll set your event up so individuals can buy tickets.
- On the day of the class Roots in the Clouds will arrive 1.5 hours before the start of the class to set things up and prep the kitchen.
- All classes will include four courses: starter, salad, main, and dessert. Signature cocktails and/or wine pairings may be included upon request at an additional cost.
- All participants will receive recipes for the items cooked in class along with a list of local stores that sell the ingredients that were used.
- Classes range from $60-$85/per person and require a minimum of 4 participants up to 8 maximum to ensure everyone has the opportunity to participate.
- An average class runs from 2-4 hours depending on the menu and size of the class.
Sign up below to be one of the first to find out when this exciting new series launches!